Throughout my travels across Canada – purposed to interview veterans of the mining, metallurgy and petroleum sectors, one of the questions I asked was: How present (or absent) were women in the workplace?
Author Archive for: William McRae
About William McRae
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud William McRae contributed a whooping 7 entries.
Entries by William McRae
When asked where metals such as nickel comes from, most people would tell you that it is found in the ground. Evidently it is a metal you mine. But what if I told you nickel can actually be grown?
As I was already headed to Calgary for Comiccon, I decided to begin interviewing some of the veterans of the natural resources world. Being in Alberta, talent in that department was not lacking. The first man I interviewed was Bob Lee, a renowned figure in the metallurgy world.
- Antarctic Sea: Women in Science and Leadership Expedition, Marine Debris and Ocean LoveNovember 10, 2017 - 3:00 pm
- Harvesting History: My Visit to Sainte-Anne-des-PlainesAugust 26, 2015 - 2:00 pm
- The Surgical Touch – Connecting Artifacts and Trade LiteratureAugust 2, 2017 - 9:59 am
- Hope and Fear in a Glass Capillary – Connecting over the History of Vaccination with the Osler LibraryJanuary 31, 2017 - 9:56 am
- Access, the Body, and the Great OutdoorsOctober 17, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Surgical Gloves and the Battle of Protection vs. SensitivitySeptember 16, 2016 - 12:31 pm
- A Compass in the Migrant CrisisApril 14, 2016 - 1:49 pm