Brad Zdanivsky is a climber living in Vancouver. In 1995, he was involved in a car accident which left him quadriplegic. In this interview, he shares his 10-year journey of regaining access to the great outdoors, and climbing the 1700-foot vertical wall of the Squamish Chief,
Author Archive for: Emily Gann
About Emily Gann
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Emily Gann contributed a whooping 6 entries.
Entries by Emily Gann
Her list contained a few intriguing items from Dr. Roger Maltby, a former staff anesthesiologist at Foothills Medical Centre and Professor Emeritus of Anesthesia at the University of Calgary. These pieces, a Schimmelbush Mask and an Epstein-Macintosh-Oxford inhaler complete with travelling case, were used during his time teaching medicine in Nepal in the 1980s.
For 2014, my colleagues and I set about collecting technologies that related to building families and creating communities.
- Harvesting History: My Visit to Sainte-Anne-des-PlainesAugust 26, 2015 - 2:00 pm
- Hope and Fear in a Glass Capillary – Connecting over the History of Vaccination with the Osler LibraryJanuary 31, 2017 - 9:56 am
- Access, the Body, and the Great OutdoorsOctober 17, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Surgical Gloves and the Battle of Protection vs. SensitivitySeptember 16, 2016 - 12:31 pm
- A Compass in the Migrant CrisisApril 14, 2016 - 1:49 pm
- The story that changed my mindJanuary 18, 2016 - 10:14 am
- “The Lady Who Drives the Great Big Truck”!December 10, 2015 - 12:00 pm