Although the history of Canadian metallurgy is of national significance, our collection in this area is rather small. Before, I could decide what to collect, I needed to gain a better understanding of the subject. Therefore in June 2015, I travelled to the Georg Fischer Iron Library in Switzerland where I spent three weeks as a Scholar-in-Residence. I researched the history of metallurgy, and the technology transfer between Europe and Canada.
Author Archive for: Anna Adamek
About Anna Adamek
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Anna Adamek contributed a whooping 6 entries.
Entries by Anna Adamek
Our guide points to a pink portable toilet, as I make a mental list of technologies that I want to acquire to document everyday life at a Fly-in Fly-out oil sands camp in Northern Alberta.
Toyota Land Cruisers are the mining industries’ vehicle of choice. In fact, the mining sector is one of Toyota’s largest clients in Canada. The customized vehicles are made on order in Japan.
- Harvesting History: My Visit to Sainte-Anne-des-PlainesAugust 26, 2015 - 2:00 pm
- Hope and Fear in a Glass Capillary – Connecting over the History of Vaccination with the Osler LibraryJanuary 31, 2017 - 9:56 am
- Access, the Body, and the Great OutdoorsOctober 17, 2016 - 7:00 am
- Surgical Gloves and the Battle of Protection vs. SensitivitySeptember 16, 2016 - 12:31 pm
- A Compass in the Migrant CrisisApril 14, 2016 - 1:49 pm
- The story that changed my mindJanuary 18, 2016 - 10:14 am
- “The Lady Who Drives the Great Big Truck”!December 10, 2015 - 12:00 pm